NordicHub cluster training
Four sessions: 15.9, 16.9, 10.10 & 11.10.2022
NordicHub offers in cooperation with Christian Rangen, the cluster expert well-known around the world, and Engage//Innovate a unique learning opportunity for actors working with or interested in clusters and business networks.
No matter if you participated in last year’s cluster training module or you are new to it, the sessions are intended to offer valuable and novel insights for everyone. While important basics are covered, certain topics are addressed more in depth and also new ones are explored. The cluster training module consists of four sessions.
Themes & schedule:
S1: 15.09.2022 at 10:00 – 13:00 Why Finland Needs to Compete on Clusters –
- Introduction (a recap) – What is an innovation cluster?
- Why clusters are powerful business development tools.
- Why countries are developing, investing and competing on clusters.
- What are Finland’s options? How could Finnish industries develop stronger innovation clusters?
- Case study.
S2: 16.09.2022 at 10:00 – 13:00 Designing Winning Cluster Business Models
- Strategy in clusters.
- Financing, funding & business models.
- Exploring global case studies on cluster business model innovation.
S3: 10.10.2022 at 14:00 – 17:00 Cluster Leadership: Leading for Collaboration
- Leading in clusters; how it is different.
- Structure, org.chart, innovation groups and boards; how do we build clusters for impact.
- Developing your cluster structure.
S4: 11.10.2022 at 14:00 – 17:00 Developing Finland’s National Cluster Program
- From one to many; developing a national program structure.
- Finland’s national cluster policy & strategy; you shape it!
- Next steps; how do we drive the conversation and interest around building better clusters in Finland?
The online training is in English and free of charge. Registration is required. You can register using the form below (same form for both the two first and the two last sessions).
What is the aim?
- To provide tools and advice on how to set up, operate, develop and manage clusters.
- To improve understanding of what clusters are and how they can best operate to add value, e.g. by creating new international contacts for cluster members, by fostering cooperation and increasing growth and export and by improving productivity and innovation rates.
- To bring international best practices in cluster development to the local situation.
- To offer a toolkit for cluster work.
For whom is it?
- For cluster and business network leaders and different actors in the networks
- For anyone who is or wants to be involved in developing clusters, networks, and international cooperation, as well as achieving growth in Finland.
- For both those who participated in last year’s training module and for new participants
Why is this important?
- To generate jobs, attract investment, and speed up growth globally
- Strong cluster work and extensive networks increase visibility and competitiveness in global markets
The trainer, Christian Rangen, Engage//Innovate, has worked around the world with companies, clusters and governments. With his help, good results have been achieved in the establishment and early-stage cluster development, cluster management training, ecosystem development, cluster strategy, national cluster policy development and Innovation Supercluster development. You can read more about Christian and his merits here: https://christianrangen.com/.
Click here for a printable brochure.
Save the dates in your calendar and register below!